zondag 6 maart 2016

Mixed media layout 'Cherish' (You are my bliss forever)

 
I have created a mixed media layout, based on the beautiful moodboard from
I loved this color combination....
 
My other inspiration came from the
 

 I would like to enter my layout for both challenges.
 
Here are some close ups:
 





This is how I interpreted the challenge bliss & gesso:
 
The title is: 'Cherish' (You are my bliss forever) and I guess it's not hard to explain why...
My little girl is my bliss, she brings joy into my life every day...
 
Gesso technique (one of my favs):
Use a roller and gesso on patterned paper.
I mixed clear and white gesso, so the pattern from the page is still visible.

 
My second step was using only white gesso and a stencil, rolling over it with my roller.

 
This is the result:

 
My next step: spraying some primary elements on the page.
I used alchemy acrylic paint on the edges.
Then another layer of gesso.
When dry I used my oilpastels (white on the whole page, black on the edges)

 
And last but not least a stencil from Dusty Attic and modelling paste...

 
And this is the end result...
 
 
 
I was inspired to create this page by the very talented Maryse Jolin
I saw this video from Maryse and I loved her drawing techniques.
 
  
I was also very inspired by this layout from KareenBH
 
 
 
Thank you ladies for sharing your talent and inspiring others.
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
Love, Sanderijn
 

42 opmerkingen:

  1. It is absolutely beautiful !!! Very chic and colors Woow! Thank you for sharing my video. You're sweet... thank you.... thank you.... thank you xx :))))

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Maryse! i am honoured by your comment!xx hugs!

      Verwijderen
  2. WOW Sanderijn, another drop dead GORGEOUS layout. Love love love it and again you have totally rocked our challenge at More Than Words. Thanks for playing along with us again. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Di, your words mean so much to me! very honoured....hugs! xxx

      Verwijderen
  3. The background is so soft and diffused looking. This looks so very professional and your details are superb.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Prachtig (maar dat zei ik al ;-) heel delicaat en subtiel! Dat rolletje ga ik ook eens uitproberen :-D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Absolutely fabulous!!!Love it and your soft, calm and romantic work!!!Good luck and thank you for sharing your inspiration with all of us...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. So very, very gorgeous - wow - soft and pretty colors.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow, you rally are the layout Queen!! This is gorgeous and it was such a treat to get to see how you put it together! I love the beautiful leaf flourishes and although I can see how you were inspired by the other projects...this is all you my friend!! hugs :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Pamellia! I am so honoured! You're a sweetheart! Hugs xx

      Verwijderen
  8. So very beautiful! I love colours, they are very beautiful, and you really know how to work colours and put them together. The elements are just perfect as usual, your daughter will be in for a right treat when she is older and can look back at all the beautiful memories you have made. Hugs my lovely, Georgie xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Absolutly nice decorated Scrab Scene. I like the nice decoration with the little bit golden glitter on it.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Once again you have created a STUNNING layout Sandy... Thank YOU for joining us over @ More Than Words this month... xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. What's the colors!! Fine work! Thanks for playing along with us. More Than Words)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Drop dead gorgeous.....love the design flowing down the page....lovely colors too!!!! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Sanderijn wat is dit weer een super leuke post geworden. die uitleg erbij is top. en je lo weer een plaatje . love love love it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. This is absolutely beautiful! I love your title featuring the word BLISS! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Again Sanderijn you have knocked this challenge out of the park! Your layout is just stunning!!! All the best from More Than Words! :)I invite you to my blog this month for a giveaway! http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Sigh...... simply exquisite Sanderijn! I love it when you join us at More Than Words!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. gorgeous!!!!!!!
    is divine! very delicate...exquisite page!!!
    thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!
    xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Wow Sanderijn.....this is out of this world gorgeous!! And I love all your added detail, interpretation of the DA Moodboard and design. Thank you for playing along this with us at Dusty Attic!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. this layout is amazing I like all the little details! Wonderful work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Ohhhh...I really thought I have made a comment here already! I am always amazed and in love with what you create...such fine details...I am Happy to see you on the Dusty Attic page again...Thank you for sharing with us all.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Oh! I haven't seen this! I'm so happy to have inspired you a little bit because I am a fan of your work haha. Your layout is amazing! Love what you did for the background. For my layout, this is not my favorite one haha but I'm happy that you have found somethings to be inspired in it ❤️

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen