zondag 7 mei 2017

Mixed media canvas 'Lovely'

 
Hi everybody,
 
I was asked to be guest designer at Mixed Media & Art this month, and I created a mixed media canvas, based on the moodboard, with lovely products from The Dusty Attic, Lindy's Stamp Gang, Accent Scrapbooking and Prima Marketing/Finnabair.
 
 
This canvas was a gift for my aunt.
She lives next door, and her appletree has such gorgeous blossoms.
Some of the branches hang halfway in my garden, and I took some pictures of them two weeks ago.
The pictures inspired me to make this canvas.
 
 
First I used white gesso with the gorgeous new rose stencil from Dusty Attic on the canvas.
I painted my chipboard pieces with white gesso too.
Next I builded up my canvas with lace, chipboard, art stones and metal flowers.

 
I covered the whole canvas with clear gesso.
When it was dry I added Lindy's Rusty Lantern Lime and Cotton Candy Pink sprays with a brush, and added water with a spray bottle to let the ink spread over the canvas. I dried with the heattool.

 
Next I added a layer of white gesso, only dabbering it with a distress ink tool, not covering the whole canvas. I added some Dusty in Colour Pesto and Pink too here and there.

 
I started adding more lace, wire, flowers, the pictures and some flairs.
As a last step I glued down my title and some rhinestones.


 
Dusty Attic products used:
 
 
 
Thank you for watching!
 
Love, Sanderijn
 
  

2 opmerkingen: